waveCHECK™ is a handheld-portable 3D-inspection tool for inspecting wind turbine blades in manufacturing and operation. Its efficient detection of surface defects and instant visual feedback revolutionize surface inspection.
- Waves and Wrinkles
- Steps between core material panels and/or pre-fabricated components
- Gaps between core material panels during lay-up
- Flaws in paint/top coat
- Chamfers, e.g. of bond line edges
- Rain Erosion
- Any other surface damage that is reflected in the surface topology/topography
Surface analysis with zero post-processing
waveCHECK’s powerful detection and instant analysis revolutionize blade inspection. The user-centric design allows for quick deployment in existing workflows: 1-Button Operation, zero Post-Processing.
Market-proven waviness analysis with instant visual feedback
waveCHECK is a first-of-its-kind solution for end-to-end digital analysis of composite waviness. It empowers manufacturing teams to quantify composite waviness with unprecedented precision and repeatability.
Detects & displays:
- Positive, Negative and Step waves & wrinkles
- Highest point; shortest distance to edge, in main fiber direction
- Aspect ratio
- Angle of wave with respect to main fiber direction
- Works on carbon fiber and glass fiber surfaces
What to expect from waveCHECK?
- Industry-leading Repeatability & Accuracy
- No Subjectivity – Take out the Guess Work!
- Sets the Benchmark for Gage R&R Scores
- Far Exceeds Quality of Traditional Methods (e.g. comb-gauge)
- Enjoy the Simplicity of a Camera & the Accuracy of a Scientific Instrument
How can we help you?
We can’t wait to hear from you! We look forward to exploring how 8tree’s technology can facilitate your inspection requirements. Make sure to sign up for our Mailing List and follow 8tree on LinkedIn to learn more about our latest developments.
Johannes Georg Leib
Program Manager Wind, 8tree