waveCHECK™ is a handheld-portable 3D-inspection tool for inspecting wind turbine blades in manufacturing and operation. Its efficient detection of surface defects and instant visual feedback revolutionize surface inspection.
- Waves and Wrinkles
- Steps between core material panels and/or pre-fabricated components
- Gaps between core material panels during lay-up
- Flaws in paint/top coat
- Chamfers, e.g. of bond line edges
- Rain Erosion
- Any other surface damage that is reflected in the surface topology/topography
Surface Analysis with zero Post-Processing
waveCHECK’s powerful detection and instant analysis revolutionize blade inspection. The user-centric design allows for quick deployment in existing workflows: 1-Button Operation, zero Post-Processing.
Market-proven Waviness Analysis with instant visual feedback
waveCHECK is a first-of-its-kind solution for end-to-end digital analysis of composite waviness. It empowers manufacturing teams to quantify composite waviness with unprecedented precision and repeatability.
Detects & displays –
- Positive, Negative and Step waves & wrinkles
- Highest point; shortest distance to edge, in main fiber direction
- Aspect ratio
- Angle of wave with respect to main fiber direction
- Works on carbon fiber and glass fiber surfaces
What to expect from waveCHECK?
- Industry-leading Repeatability & Accuracy
- No Subjectivity – Take out the Guess Work!
- Sets the Benchmark for Gage R&R Scores
- Far Exceeds Quality of Traditional Methods (e.g. comb-gauge)
- Enjoy the Simplicity of a Camera & the Accuracy of a Scientific Instrument
Johannes Georg Leib
Program Manager Wind, 8tree